List and Comparison of the Top Best Data Recovery Software Download for Windows and Mac users for quickly recovering lost data, deleted files, and photos or formatted partition data:
Data recovery software is an application that recovers the lost files from any storage medium. It can recover the files which are accidentally deleted or lost due of virus attack, hard drive failure, or for any other reason.
These software scan the storage medium and find the lost files. It can recover different types of files like audio, video, contacts, emails, etc.
How Does Data Recovery Work?
Whenever a file is deleted, it is moved to the recycle bin. Even after the deletion of the file from the recycle bin, it doesn’t get removed. Path of this deleted file gets removed by the file system and makes it less accessible. Space which was assigned to this file will be marked as available to be used by another file when required.
However, a binary file is still available on the computer. The file remains available until it gets overwritten by another file. Parts of the file might remain on the hard drive for several years.
If the deleted file gets partially overwritten by another file then the data recovery software will not be able to recover the file and provide you with the usable data. Best Data recovery software should support all storage media and file structures and thereby should be able to recover files from all types of storage media.
The image given below will show you the various reasons for data loss with their percentage.
In general, access to the core architecture of the hard disk is given to the data recovery software. This software refers and accesses the file structure entries to extract data from a corrupt storage device.
Pro Tip: While selecting the data recovery software, one should consider the factors like OS compatibility, ease of use, supported file types, and supported file systems. Warranty for the software and service support provided by the company should also be considered during the selection of the tool.
List Of The Best Data Recovery Software Solutions
- Disk Drill
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Wondershare Recoverit
- Stellar Data Recovery
- Advanced Disk Recovery
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery
- R-Studio Data Recovery Software
- PC Inspector File Recovery
- Wise Data Recovery
- Undelete 360
Comparison of Top Data Recovery Solutions
Let’s explore each tool in detail!!
#1) Disk Drill (Free) Mac and Windows
Disk Drill can recover the files on Windows and Mac. Pandora Recovery is now converted to Disk Drill with additional features. It will give you improved quality and will be able to recover archived, hidden, and compressed, or encrypted files.
- It can recover all file formats.
- It supports all file systems.
- It can recover any undamaged storage device.
- It provides full support for FAT, NTFS, HFS+, EXT4.
- It can recover documents, videos, archives, music, or photos.
System Requirements: Windows XP and above and 16 MB of disk space.
For Mac and Windows OS, Disk Drill offers three pricing plans as shown below.
Disk Drill for Windows allows recovering 500MB for free.
The below table will show you the details of the pricing plans:
DISCOUNT: 10% OFF coupon code for the Disk Drill Pro to your article: SOFTWARETESTING
Verdict: As per the user reviews, it is easy to use and fast. It performs scanning at a fast rate. It has features of full partition recovery, surface scan, easy preview, and support for all file types.
#2) EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery has various functionalities like accidentally deleted file recovery, formatted recovery, virus attack recovery, hard drive damage, recycle bin empty data recovery, OS crash recovery, lost partition recovery, and RAW Partition recovery.
It can recover data from various types of devices like PC, laptop, Hard Drive, Pen drive, Digital Camera, Video Player, etc.
- It can recover data from different loss situations.
- It can recover files, photos, documents, videos, etc.
- It can recover after deletion, formatting errors, partition losses, OS crashes, virus attacks, etc.
- It supports more than 1000 file types for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, and other files.
- It supports FAT, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2/ext3, HFS+, ReFS file systems.
System Requirements: Windows XP+ or Windows Server 2003+. RAM: Minimum 128 MB. It will require at least 32 MB of space.
Price: EaseUS provides a free version and a free version can recover up to 2 GB of data for Windows and Mac OS. For Windows OS, it has three editions i.e. Free, Pro ($69.95), and Pro+WinPE ($99.90). For Mac OS, EaseUS has two editions i.e. Free and Pro ($89.95).
Verdict: EaseUS supports Windows and Mac OS. It provides flexible scanning modes like Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It provides a preview before final recovery and that can avoid unnecessary recovery.
#3) Wondershare Recoverit
Recoverit by Wondershare is a comprehensive and professional solution to recover the lost data from computer disk, flash drive, SD card, etc. It provides preview before recovery.
With Recoverit, it is only a 3-step data recovery process, Select, Scan, and Preview the recovered files to get them back. Its technical support is available for free, 24*7.
Wondershare Recoverit can recover deleted files like photos, videos, audios, emails, etc. It supports more than 1000 file formats. It can recover the data from PC, Mac, hard drive, USB, SD card, etc.
- Wondershare Recoverit makes the use of patent technology to recover deeply hidden videos.
- It can repair different formats of video files.
- It can repair multiple videos at the same time.
- It can rescue the data from a crashed PC.
System Requirements: Windows and Mac.
Price: Recoverit offers pricing plans for Individuals, Teams & Businesses, and Students & Teachers. For the small teams (less than 5 PCs), it will cost $139.95 per year. Medium to large size organizations can get a quote. Plans for individuals start at $59.95 per year.
Wondershare Recoverit offers a 7-days money-back guarantee. It also offers a free version to recover data.
Verdict: Wondershare Recoverit is providing service since 2003. It is trusted by more than 5 million users. This comprehensive and professional solution can recover all lost data from computer disk, flash drive, SD card, etc.
#4) Stellar Data Recovery
=> Download your free copy of the Stellar Data Recovery Tool to check what you can recover.
Stellar Data Recovery is best for consumers and businesses. It can work with desktop, laptop, mobile, server, flash drive, memory card, and other external storage. It provides 24*5 support. It has Data Recovery Software, Photo Recovery Software, iPhone Recovery Software, and Video Repair Software.
- For video repair, it works with DSLR, drone, digicam, surveillance camera, & Mobile Phone.
- Photos, Videos, and audio files can be recovered from SD card, CF Card, USB Sticks, or from any other media.
- It can work with the iPhone and iPad to recover deleted photos, videos, contacts, messages, calendar, and call history.
Price: The below table will show you the details of the pricing plans for various software. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for licensed products. Free download is also available for the product.
Verdict: It is an easy to use, future-ready solution. It will also help you to create software for Email Repair, Data Recovery, Database Repair, and File repair.
#5) Advanced Disk Recovery
Advanced Disk Recovery can quickly recover deleted, formatted, or lost data. It can retrieve lost or deleted photos, videos, audios, documents, etc. from Hard Drive, USB, or other storage media.
It is a 100% safe and hassle-free solution. All the deleted data will be recovered without overwriting the original data. Various devices are supported by this solution like PC, laptop, SSD, USB, and External Disk.
- Advanced Disk Recovery provides compatibility with all types of file formats.
- External Memory Cards, USB, SSD, and Hard Drives are supported by Advanced Disk Recovery.
- To locate and restore files according to time, size, data, etc. the tool will allow you to use filters.
- It can recover files and folders in case of an accidental format also.
System Requirements: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP for both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Price: Advanced Disk Recovery is available at a discounted price of $39.95 annually until 30 March 2020. Its regular price is $69.95 annually. It also offers 60 days money-back guarantee.
Verdict: Advanced Disk Recovery solution supports external devices and it can recover all types of data.
Avail 20% Discount From Recuva
Recuva will help you to recover or undelete the file. It can recover from damaged or formatted disk. It has a quick-Start Wizard. It supports Windows OS and also supports more than 37 languages. Recuva can recover pictures, Music, documents, videos, emails, etc.
It can perform file recovery from Windows Computer, Recycle Bin, Digital Camera Card, or MP3 Player.
- It can recover deleted emails.
- It will help you to recover deleted iPod music.
- Unsaved word documents can also be restored.
- It performs deep scanning.
- It also has features for securely deleting files. It can permanently erase the traces of deleted files.
Price: It has three pricing plans i.e. Recuva Free, Recuva Professional ($19.95), and CCleaner Professional Plus ($39.95). CCleaner Professional Plus is a bundle of four products (Recuva Professional, CCleaner Professional, Defraggler Professional, and Speccy Professional).
Verdict: As per the reviews, it has a clear interface. It has indicators for data quality. It provides a portable version that can be run from a flash drive. It can provide a preview for highlighted images before recovery.
#7) MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery Software can recover the files that are lost by human errors or a system crash. The tool will help you in case of accidental file deletion, virus invasion, disk failure, file system error, etc. It will let you preview a variety of recoverable files that need to be restored.
It performs the deep scan and restores the data from the damaged hard disk. 24*7 technical support is available through email and hot-line system.
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery Software can recover the files in case of OS crash, Hard Drive Damage, and accidental file deletion.
- It can perform hard drive partition recovery on HDD, SSD, & USB drive and external hard drives.
- It can provide Mac data recovery solutions.
- It provides SD card recovery and Android data recovery.
- For the superior file preview, it supports 70 file types in 14 categories.
System Requirements: Windows and Mac.
Price: MiniTool Power Data Recovery Software can be used for free to recover up to 1 GB data. It offers a 30-days money-back guarantee. There will not be any data recovery limit with paid plans.
The below table will give you the pricing plans details:
Verdict: MiniTool Power Data Recovery Tool is easy to use because of an intuitive and clear user interface. It is 100% safe to use this tool as it can recover the lost data without damaging the original data.
AnyRecover is a data recovery software that is available in a free and paid version. It can recover lost or deleted files from different data loss situations. It supports various devices for data recovery. It can be used to recover the data that is lost by formatting, deleting, partition loss, disk damage, virus attack, etc.
- AnyRecover can perform emptied Recycle Bin Recovery, lost partition recovery, external device data recovery, and raw partition recovery.
- It supports all types of storage devices such as digital camera, computer, memory card, flash drive, camcorder, etc.
- You can preview the data before the recovery.
- It supports the recovery of multiple files.
System Requirements: Windows and Mac.
Price: AnyRecover offers a free edition to recover up to 3 files. Its Pro version will cost you $49.95.
Verdict: You will not require any expert skills to use AnyRecover. It provides free technical support and lifetime free updates with the Pro plan.
#9) R-Studio Data Recovery Software
R-Studio is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It can perform data recovery from local disks, removable disks, heavily corrupted disks, unbootable disks, or clients connected to LAN and Internet. This tool is best for small to large data recovery options.
- It supports a wide range of file systems.
- Most common partition schemes are supported.
- It makes use of an advanced recovery algorithm.
Price: The below image will show you the pricing for R-Studio data recovery. It also has a pricing plan for Disk Cloning and Backup, File Repair, and PC Privacy. You can get a quote as per your requirement for the product and the number of licenses. It offers freeware products like R-Undelete Home, R-Photo, and R-Linux.
Verdict: It provides an emergency startup version. It has more features like built-in file viewer and disk image creation.
Suggested Read =>Top Test Data Management Tools
PhotoRec supports Windows, DOS, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Sun Solaris, and Mac OS. It can recover the data even if the media’s file system is severely damaged or reformatted.
- It can recover videos, archives, and documents.
- It can work with hard drives and CD-ROMs.
- It will help you to recover lost pictures from the digital camera memory.
Price: It is a free and open-source tool.
Verdict: PhotoRec is safe because of its read-only access to drives and memory cards. It supports FAT, NTFS, exFAT, ext2/ext3/ext4 file system, and HFS+ file systems. It doesn’t have a graphical interface.
TestDisk and PhotoRec are companion programs. TestDisk is for recovering lost partitions. It can convert non-bootable disks into a bootable disk.
- Partitions and files can be recovered.
- It supports cross-platform.
- It is free and open-source.
Price: Free and open source.
Verdict: TestDisk has a command-line tool interface and thus it is not suitable for newbies as it requires technical knowledge.
#12) PC Inspector File Recovery
PC Inspector File Recovery is a freeware program. It supports FAT12/16/32 & NTFS file systems. Many languages are supported by this tool. It will allow you to save data to the networked drive. It will help in the organization of recovered files by placing them in the correct file structure.
- It has an automatic finding of partitions even if the boot sectors or FAT is damaged or erased.
- File recovery with original date and time stamp.
- It will allow you to store recovered files on network drives.
- Even if the header entry is no longer available, this tool can recover files.
- It supports various Disk formats like ARJ, AVI, CDR, and many others.
Verdict: PC Inspector File Recovery can recover lost partitions. It will not work in case of mechanical problems with a disk drive. As per the reviews, it has complaints about freezing during the recovery process.
Website: PC Inspector
#13) Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery can recover the files in case of accidental recovery, formatted drive, or in case of a system crash. It can work with a hard drive, external hard drive, USB drive, Memory card, Digital camera, desktop, laptop, Mobile phone, MP3 Player, or other storage media. It supports FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, and NTFS file systems.
All Windows versions (Windows XP and above) are supported by Wise Data Recovery tool.
- It performs scanning at a fast rate by making use of the advanced algorithms.
- It has indicators for data quality.
- It has a clear interface.
- It provides convenient filters
Price: It provides a free version. It provides a 60-day money-back guarantee for licensed products. Wise Cleaner has multiple solutions from PC Optimized Software, Anti Malware, and Duplicate Finder to Video Converter. The product range starts from $9.96.
Verdict: Wise Data Recovery is easy to use and set up tool for Windows. It performs scanning quickly. It provides a portable version along with 24*7 support. As per the reviews, it doesn’t scan deeply and thus leaves a large number of files unrecoverable.
Website: Wise Data Recovery
#14) Undelete 360
Undelete 360 will allow you to recover files from the recycle bin, computer, digital camera, and flash drive. It works with Hard Drives, Digital Cameras, Floppy Drives, and USB Flash Drives. It makes use of a fast and efficient algorithm. It can perform file recovery and folder recovery.
- It can recover the files which are deleted from the command line.
- Files which are created and deleted by certain applications can also be recovered.
- Files which are deleted permanently using Shift+Delete keys can also be recovered.
- It can recover the files which are deleted on Windows network shares and from the USB memory stick.
Price: Undelete 360 is a freeware.
Verdict: Undelete 360 is a freeware program for performing file and folder recovery.
Website: Undelete 360
We have reviewed and compared the top data recovery software in this article. Stellar Data Recovery, Disk Drill, R-Studio, Recuva, EaseUS, and Wise Data Recovery offers a free edition for the tool. PhotoRec and TestDisk are companion programs.
These are free and open-source tools. PhotoRec is for recovering photos, videos, documents, etc. TestDisk is for recovering lost partitions.
PC Inspector File Recovery and Undelete 360 are freeware. MiniTool offers freeware as well as licensed products. For licensed products, it offers a Money-back guarantee of 30-days. Stellar Data Recovery has licensed products with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It also offers a free download for the products.
Hope this article would have helped you in choosing the right Data Recovery Software!